HealthRecon Connect provides technology-enabled Revenue Cycle Management solutions to US healthcare providers. The company leverages over 30 years of deep domain expertise, machine learning, AI, cutting-edge analytics, and automated workflows that help improve cash flow, patient outcomes and enable peace of mind for their clients. At HealthRecon Connect, day after day, we not only hold ourselves accountable for setting and maintaining high standards, but we also passionately strive for the highest achievement, customer delight and thrive on the challenge of high expectations and commitment to excel.
HealthRecon was certified a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work® Sri Lanka since 2018 and was adjudged one of the 40 Best Workplaces in Sri Lanka by Great Place to Work® Sri Lanka in 2021. We are also a Signatory Participant of the United Nations Global Compact.
We are looking for a RCM AR Analyst to join our team. The RCM AR Analyst plays a critical role in the RCM department by reviewing, analyzing, monitoring, and auditing RCM metrics. They identify opportunities for improvement and bring them to the attention of the RCM Sr. Manager and Leads. The analyst also conducts research and problem-solving to assist practices with swift problem resolution. Additionally, they assist in drafting RCM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for approval by the RCM Sr. Manager. The RCM Analyst is responsible for auditing the Practice Checklist for Onboarding Handoff and providing support for end-of-month close and month-end RCM reporting.
Please review the criteria and other information listed below thoroughly prior to applying and pay specific attention to the work week, shift details and other features of the job. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, all applications will be reviewed in the order in which they were received and only the candidates short-listed for the first round of interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
RCM AR Analyst
Monday to Friday
3.00pm to 12.00am SLST (Straddle Shift)
7.30pm to 4.00am SLST (Night Shift)
US calendar applicable
- Review, analyze, and monitor metrics to identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct research and problem-solving to assist practices in resolving issues promptly.
- Assist in the development and drafting of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Audit the Practice Checklist for Onboarding Handoff to ensure compliance.
- Provide analytical support for end-of-month close and month-end RCM reporting.
- Assist Accounting with Month-end close reconciliation. Troubleshooting reconciliation issues as needed.
- Fully/ part qualified bachelor’s degree in business, finance, information systems or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in similar position (RCM experience will be an added advantage)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review and interpret metrics.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Expert knowledge of DPMS (Data Processing Management System) (Open Dental, Dentrix, Eagle soft).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in auditing processes.
- Proficient in using Advance Microsoft Excel (including Macros), software and tools to analyse and report data.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues promptly.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with the Senior Manager and Leads.
- Ability to independently research DPMS issues and bring forward recommendations for resolutions. Resourceful in seeking out tools and resources to complete research.